Quote of the week!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2026

the guide to having a 2000s coded bedroom

(girl blogger edition)
this is a great example of the room we are trying to achieve


    The very first step to making your room feel and smell like fall and early 2000s, get your popcorn because you’re in the right place; my blog! You will see all kinds of posts like this on my blog if you start following me (i recommend it) Anyways, let’s get back to the point. The first step in this room transformation is lights. The lighting in your room can completely make, or ruin the mood. The type of lighting you will most likely see in the photos I show is warm lighting because it is very cosy and welcoming. White, harsh lights will make your room less fall, 2000s and more hospital waiting room. The lights I recommend are fairy lights, lamps (tiffany lamps are very cute) salt lamps, and lastly you might want to add some cute pink lighting in there as well.  And that’s all for the lighting portion!

    The next section of our rooms we will be focusing on is our beds. At the end of the day my bed is my safe space that I can watch Netflix on, journal in and of course, listen to music. While I do all of those things I enjoy feeling comfortable and aesthetic. The key to an aesthetic bed is the bedding. I suggest buying a comforter with matching pillows so that your bed looks very coordinated and chic. Some places you can buy good bedding from is etsy, home goods, pottery barn teen and even amazon. Another thing you can add is a canopy above your bed. The canopy can be a four-post one or can be one attached to the ceiling. Personally I bought my canopy from amazon along with the posts but in the past I have bought the pillow fort hanging canopy from target, either is a great choice. Overall the canopy adds a certain feel to your room and fills the space to make it feel less empty. The finishing touches to your bed is a good blanket and some cute stuffed animals. Some blankets you can buy is a fawn print blanket, a crochet blanket or if you are looking for something more expensive maybe even a lola blanket. The stuffed animals that I think would be a good addition to all of your beds are the viral weighted stuffed animals from the brand I mentioned earlier pillowfort, maybe stuffed animals of your personal interests like miffy or smiskis, and of course jelly cats. We have now finished up the bed section of the room.
This is one type of canopy you can buy and the bedding is very cute.



    The last section is kind of just a section of miscellaneous things that I think everyone should have in their room. Obviously everyone should have their basic furniture dresser, desk nightstand, but there are two pieces of furniture that not everyone has that would be a great addition to fill space in their room: a vanity and a clothing rack. Let’s start with the vanity. A girl’s vanity should be a reflection of themselves and a station to express yourself. I prefer the vanity’s with a mirror that has a light so you can see your face properly. Now time for the clothing rack,, you don’t need to actually store your clothes here that you wear everyday because that can become messy. I would recommend putting shoes, purses and some bulky jackets that can’t exactly fit in your closet or drawers. Your desk should also be organized so that you can focus on what you’re working on (go get those A’s girl!) I honestly think that if your room is clean and organized you are. You don’t need to purchase all the things I’ve listed but these are just recommendations if maybe you are redoing your room or moving. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for my next post! hint:🎒👩‍🏫
            Sincerely, sleepybrunette xoxo

    
    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

  THE fall wishlist (this is a staple for fall!)